I like when the Table Topics are fun and creative, and last night's meeting had some good questions that I wanted to share.
- If you were king of the world, what would you do? (assume you're the same person you are now, with no additional superpowers)
- If you could be any professional sports figure, what sport would you play and who would you be?
- If you were 20 years old again, what would you do?
- If you had the chance to teach one subject of your choice, to any age, what would it be?
I often use the last one in my coaching sessions when helping clients get back in touch with their passions. I also ask a variation of it with the same goal - "If you had 30 minutes of prime-time TV, what would you talk about?"
These are great questions to get any crowd talking. Here are my answers:
- If I were king, I would help people fulfill their potential, be happy, and become good leaders/role models for others (either through education, loans, mentoring programs, promoting good people to lead in government and other public areas, etc.)
- Pro sport: I would be a tennis player - minimal injuries, good to stay in shape, easy to do into old age, lots of tournaments, and good money!
- Repeating life at 20 (knowing what I know now), I think I would drink less and learn more in college.
- Teaching a subject: I'd like to help college/post-college people think about themselves, their goals, and their mindsets.
- How would you answer these questions?
- Which of these do you like best?