How much advice can you distill down to seven words?
The NY Times decided to host a contest for the best 7 words of wisdom phrased as 2-3-2 words. The contest was inspired by Michael Pollard's "In Defense of Food," and his catchy phrase: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.'’
In just 2 days, over 700 people responded with their own wisdom; check out the full list here. These are some of my favorites (some of them are a bit trite, but they're good reminders):
- love life.make things happen.be happy
- Start now. Do not hesitate. Tomorrow uncertain.
- Sleep works. Be more alert. Skip coffee.
- Going up? Use the stairs. Every day.
- Befriend yourself. Perfection’s not necessary. Stop criticizing.
- Challenge yourself. Get other opinions. Keep learning.
- Go out. Turn Television off. Live life.
- Be brave. Experience new things. Better yourself.
- Celebrate life. Each moment counts. Go forward.
- Know thyself. Follow your bliss. Enjoy life.
- Sleep late. Stretch your body. Live well.